Monday, July 30, 2018

Please use caution when running at night





Jogging can be very dangerous... even at low speeds. 
Please use caution when you decide to be an idiot.


Here is my true story... In a successful attempt to avoid our children, my sister and I decided to go eat delicious Mexican food. After sharing a scrumptious plate of carnitas tacos, we did some light shopping before arriving home around 8pm. The sun was starting to set, but I felt like a 3-mile run would be the perfect way to end a wonderful day.

I threw on my running clothes, put my music on, and I started running down the asphalt road. While I was jogging (and I use that term loosely), I started outlining a book that I am collaborating with many other fantastic authors. After achieving a speedy 10 minute mile average, I had just started the final leg of my jog when a pothole came out from nowhere. Sadly, my ankle was not having it and gave out on me. 

As I sat on the side of the road, a nice older man offered to give me a ride home. Yes, I had to accept a ride from a stranger; Yes, I went to the emergency room because I thought I had broken my ankle again. (Yes, again)  

 Luckily, it is only a sprain, but I learned a few life lessons:

1.  Do not start a run when it is already dark outside 

     
     2.  While running on neglected city streets, do not start acting out scenes in your head

    

  3. Wearing flimsy running shorts to an emergency room might not be the best choice in wardrobe selection



4. It might be best for me to bring along a partner when jog because I appear to be accident prone. Perhaps I should request an ambulance to trail behind me

5. The nurse at the ER told me that I am not a "young buck" anymore and I should develop a new workout strategy. (Maybe liposuction????)










  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reader's Favorite

It's official. I am an award-winning author (and I have the picture to prove it)